A Gleiss Lutz team advised Perella Weinberg Partners in connection with announcement of Siemens Energy’s purchase offer to the shareholders of Siemens Energy Gamesa Renewables, S.A.
On May 21, 2022, Siemens Energy AG announced a voluntary cash tender offer to acquire all outstanding shares in Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A., i.e., approx. 32.9 percent of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A.’s share capital, through its wholly owned subsidiary Siemens Energy Global GmbH & Co. KG. The remaining approx. 67.1 percent in Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. is already owned by Siemens Energy Global GmbH & Co. KG. The offer price will be 18.05 per share. Following a successful closing of the transaction, Siemens Energy AG intends to pursue a delisting of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, S.A. from the Spanish stock exchanges, where it currently trades as a member of the IBEX 35 index.
Perella Weinberg Partners is acting as a financial advisor of Siemens Energy AG. Gleiss Lutz advised Perella Weinberg Partners on certain legal aspects in connection with the transaction.
Perella Weinberg Partners was advised by the following team of Gleiss Lutz lawyers: Dr. Jochen Tyrolt (Stuttgart), Dr. Christian Cascante (Frankfurt, both partners, both lead), Oliver Wolf (Stuttgart, all Corporate/M&A).