'Germany’s best lawyers' in Handelsblatt: Gleiss Lutz named Law Firm of the Year for Employment – 246 recommendations and seven ‘Lawyer of the Year’ awards for Gleiss Lutz lawyers
On 25 June 2021 Handelsblatt, in cooperation with US publishing house Best Lawyers, published the current addition of the 'Germany's Best Lawyers' rankings. Gleiss Lutz was named 'Law Firm of the Year' for employment.
In addition, seven Gleiss Lutz lawyers received the 'Lawyer of the Year' award for their respective practice area:
● Dr. Christian Steinle, Competition/Antitrust, Baden-Württemberg
● Dr. Hansjörg Scheel, Insurance, Baden-Württemberg
● Dr. Martin Schockenhoff, M&A, Baden-Württemberg
● Dr. David Quinke, International Arbitration, North Rhine-Westphalia
● Dr. Martin Raible, Competition/Antitrust, North Rhine-Westphalia
● Dr. Petra Linsmeier, Energy, Bavaria
● Dr. Reimar Buchner, Healthcare, Berlin
In total, there were 246 recommendations (2020/2021: 225 recommendations) for Gleiss Lutz lawyers in 45 areas of the law, including corporate, mergers and acquisitions, employment and labour, competition/antitrust, public law, litigation, (international) arbitration, private equity, finance, banking, real estate, intellectual property, tax, healthcare, insurance, environment and IT.
Moreover, the new category 'Best Lawyers – Ones to Watch', which honours young lawyers with five to nine years of professional experience, includes twelve associated partners and associates of the law firm.
Every year US publishing house Best Lawyers ranks Germany's most highly renowned lawyers exclusively for Handelsblatt. The rankings are based on an extensive peer-to-peer survey conducted solely among lawyers who are asked to rate their competitors' reputations.